A number is said to be even number if it leaves no remainder when divided by 2. There is an alternative definition of even number and it is as a number having any number from 0, 2, 4, 6 and 8 at its ones place is an even number. Examples of even numbers are 12, 66, 456, 9900 and 12342 etc. An odd number leaves a remainder when it is divided by 2. All those numbers having any one from 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 at their ones places are also called odd numbers. (more…)
A number is said to be a perfect number if the sum of factors of the number (excluding number itself as a factor) is equal to the number itself. Example of perfect numbers are 6, 28, 496, 8128 and so on. The factors of a given number are those numbers which divide the given number completely. For example factors of 28 are 1, 2, 4, 7, 14 and 28. Now the sum 1 + 2 + 4 + 7 + 14 = 28. We can see that 28 is not included in the sum. (more…)
Any word, number or phrase which reads same from both ends is palindrome. For example 77, 121, 1331 and 12321 are palindrome numbers. Similarly Dalda and Madam are palindrome words. (more…)
Almighty Formula is an alternative name of Sridharacharya formula. This formula is used to find the roots of a quadratic equation. Any equation in form of ay2 + by + c = 0 is known as quadratic equation. Where y is the unknown quantity whose values is to be determined. a, b and c are the coefficient of the equation. The almighty formula to solve a quadratic equation is as follows. (more…)
- Distance covered by a moving object is the total length of the path.
- It does not depend upon the path followed by the moving object.
- It does not depend upon the initial and final positions of the moving body.
- Number of magnitudes of distance between two positions can be infinite. Because there can be infinite number of way to reach from initial to finial position.
- The nature of path can be curved or straight line.
- Distance points between two can be equal to or greater than displacement between the same points.
- The magnitude of distance between two points is always positive.
- Magnitude of distance can never be zero.
- Distance is a scalar quantity. Thus it does not require direction.
A sector is portion of a circle or disk enclosed by two radii and an arc. The formula to obtain area of sector is as follows.
Area of sector = (Θ/360°) πr2
Where Θ is the angle between two radii in degree. And r is the radius of the circle or disk. (more…)
There are so many physical quantities, some of them requires only magnitude and some of them requires magnitude as well as direction to express them. Thus a vector is a quantity is a quantity which needs magnitude as well as direction to express it completely. Having only magnitude and direction is not enough to a vector quantity. A vector quantity must follow the laws of vector algebra. For example electric current has both magnitude and direction but it is not a vector quantity. Because electric current does not follow the laws of vector algebra. Now example of vectors are position, displacement, velocity, acceleration, momentum, force, impulse, weight etc. Generally vectors are denoted by bold capital letters with an arrow on their heads. (more…)